“Cricket as it should be”
Making Pentyrch Cricket Club an active, friendly and successful club and to provide members at all levels with the opportunity to play and practice competitive cricket on a regular basis.
To promote “Cricket as it should be”, giving members a clear vision of the standards the club sets out and an infrastructure to work within.
To ensure that every person including players of all experience and ability, has the opportunity to play and become involved in the game in a fully structured, organised and resourced club environment’
In our desire to compete, we shall not only uphold the traditional values of cricket but also embrace the spirit of the game, while building sporting relationships with other clubs and drawing on the enjoyment of playing together as a team.
We will maintain our reputation and continue to be recognised within South Wales as a proactive, dynamic, highly successful club delivering high quality services for our members and the general public.
As a Player I am committing to:
The primary aim of the 1st XI is to play our cricket competitively. Mindful of this aim 1st XI players are expected to play to the maximum of their ability and prepare thoroughly.
· The main purpose of the 2nd XI will be to give players the grounding and support to achieve their ultimate aim to play 1st XI cricket for Pentyrch.
· To encourage players to play to the best of their ability in team environment conducive to this.
· The 2nd XI captain will work closely with the 1st XI captain and Cricket Committee to ensure potential first team players are prepared and informed of what they have to do for selection for both teams.
· Players are expected to commit to the team through pre-match practice, midweek nets and team meetings. In return the captain commits to a two-way communication channel with players on performance and requirements to maintain their place in the squad and giving people the opportunity to fulfil their potential and play competitive, winning cricket.
3rd & 4th XI's
· The teams will be a vehicle to enable developing players to improve all aspects of their game and introduce them to the disciplines required to make a positive contribution to the 1st and 2nd XI’s.
· Players are asked to commit to the team through pre-match practice, midweek nets and team meetings.
· The teams will be used to enable established players to find their form at the request of the 1st and 2nd XI captains.
· Players will be committed to respecting the captain, opposition, rules and the etiquette of the game whilst playing a positive game and enjoying the experience of being part of team.